I finally chose the degree I want to work on this year. I am determined to be healthier and more physically active. My new friend, Alyssa Haws, is a Team Beach Body coach, and she is going to help me achieve this. The encouragement of Kelly Williams, a colleague who lost forty pounds last year, is also a huge inspiration. Her lunchtime Zumba classes and walking program have been the impetus for me starting to exercise again.
So, to complete this Bachelor of Physical Education I am choosing to do the following:
8 goals in a chosen major college:
- 1. Exercise 10-15 minutes a day four times a week for one month.
- 2. Attend an aerobics class or exercise class regularly for two months.
- 3. Buy an exercise book or video for your home.
- 9. Learn a new sport. This may include buying new sports equipment for your sport.
- 10. Set a goal to lose weight and do it.
- 11. Read the Word of Wisdom and make one improvement in your diet that corresponds to its counsel.
- 13. Attend a professional sporting event.
- 20. Floss your teeth twice a week for three months.
5 goals in the College of Theology :
- 3. Read Section 89 of the Doctrine and Covenants. Pray to understand its meaning. Read it carefully again and apply its teachings to your life.
- 4. Read the Book of Mormon every day for one month.
- 5. Pray twice a day on your knees for one month.
- 6. Repent of some sin or practice in your life and turn from it.
- 10. Read a book about the gospel.
3 goals in each college:
College of Applied Arts
- 5. Completely clean a room in your house – walls, curtains, blinds, etc.
- 9. Propogate a new plant from one of your own and give it to a friend.
- 14. Clean your car inside and outside.
College of Business and Economics
- 6. Prepare your major Sunday meals ahead for four consecutive weeks.
- 7. Prepare a household budget where you spend less than you make. Live on that budget for two months.
- 13. Pick up and put away anything out of place before retiring and have each family member do the same for one month.
College of Fine Arts
- 6. Paint a picture.
- 9. Take piano lessons or study another musical instrument.
- 11. Read a book on a period of musical history or about the history of a musical instrument.
College of Home Economics/Cooking
- 10. Study a cookbook for half an hour and select three new recipes. Use them.
- 11. Bake all the bread your household uses for two weeks.
- 20. Plan a weekly menu in advance for four weeks and follow it as near as possible.
College of Home Economics/Sewing
- 2. Sew something major for yourself or someone else.
- 12. Make a temple dress.
- 16. Learn to adjust a pattern.
College of Interior Design
- 8. Make a picture, plaque, or wall hanging.
- 12. Make a bed spread or quilt.
- 23. Learn to quilt.
College of Language Arts
- 4. Write in your journal at least once a week for three months.
- 8. Spend 15 minutes a day reading to yourself, a child, or a friend for one week.
- 18. Write a personal essay expressing your feeling about a significant event in your life.
College of Social Science
- 1. Travel to another town and visit a historical site.
- 2. Go to a museum.
- 14. Take a foreign language class.
College of Psychology
- 1. Read an uplifting book by a psychologist.
- 5. Change something about your appearance that you have wanted to for a while.
- 11. Read a self-improvement book.
College of Career Development
- 1. Update and improve your resume.
- 3. Take a course that will improve your job skills.
- 4. Read one book about your profession.
In addition, I will have to present my favourite projects at a Relief Society meeting. Perhaps my project will just be me standing in front of the room, weighing a lot less.
What will your degree program be?